Monday, November 30, 2009
The first gift ideas guide of the season. A wide mix of gifts I think are really nice and that most all giftees should love, whether they be stocking stuffer or wrapped up.
DKNY Be Delicious- A dual rollerball in Be Delicious and Be Delicious Fresh Blossom at $ 20.00 or a cute keychain solid of Be Delicious at $ 30.00 ( keychain only at Sephora)
- Kings and Queens Soap $ 6.00 (Pepper Bergamot shown, Cinnamon Orange or Honey also. At select Targets, drugstore.com, skinstore.com, Dillards .
-L'Occitane Hand Cream Bouquet-I am firmly of the mind that a gift from L'Occitane is one of the best to give. The Hand Cream Bouquet is a variety of 6 hand creams for $ 45.00
- Victorias Secret Fragrance Mist Set- 5 for $34.00 - A set of some of their most popular fragrances in a lighter body mist. You don't need to know which scent they love, give them one of each.
- Bath and Body Works CO Bigelow Ginger Mentha Body Wash- Amazingly good smelling. A lemony ginger with a hint of the mentha mint. A creamy wash that is highly moisturizing . $ 14.00
- Rance soaps- True luxury soaps, made in France dating back to 1795. This is no ordinary box of soaps. A wide variety of true , strong smelling scents like Gardenia, Lavender, Freesia and special blends. Box sets range from $ 44.00 to $ 85.00. http://www.ranceusa.com/
- Armani Lip Wax Set of 3 for $ 59.00 . Because everyone could use a little Armani.
- Bond No.9 The Now-and-Forever Pocket Spray- A refillable gold-tone pocket spray, patterned with multiples of the Bond No. 9 token. In its own white leatherette pouch.
Available in these 10 eaux de parfums: Astor Place, Brooklyn, Nuits de Noho, Chinatown, Andy Warhol Lexington Avenue, Chez Bond, Hamptons, The Scent of Peace, Wall Street, and Andy Warhol Union Square . Each is 7ml $ 85.00.
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Friday, November 27, 2009
New packaging has debuted and it looks more elegant . All scents come in scrubs, shimmer or regular lotions, body butters, soaps, lip balms in tins ( really, really good) and there is a Cranberry Hand Cream this year for the best smelling hands ever.
Head over to The Body Shop to check it out or at your nearest retail spot.
-Kiehls - Friday, Nov 27- Tues. Dec 1st http://www.kiehls.com/ and free standing Kiehls stores.
Code: FAMILY for 20% off, and free shipping with $30 or more. Valid: 11/27/09 - 12/01/09
-Bobbi Brown - http://www.bobbibrowncosmetics.com/ has 20 % off any order from 11/30- 12/2. No code needed.
-Shu Uemura - starts Friday, Nov 27- Black Friday thru Dec.1
Enjoy free shipping and 20% off purchases of $50 or more made at http://www.shuuemura-usa.com/.
Enter the promotion code WISH09 upon checkout.
Cyber Monday ( the 30th)- A special deal:
shu uemura will give 7 deluxe samples to customers who spend $125 or more plus free shipping and the 20% discount! The deluxe items include:
-red:juvenus intense vitalizing concentrate
-pleasure of Japanese bath – hinoki
-cleansing beauty oil premium A/O
-depsea water mist in chamomile
Enter the promotion code WISHDELUXE09 upon checkout.
-Lancome-20% off plus free shipping on all purchases on http://www.lancome-usa.com/ . Promo code: HOLIDAYJOY2. Good from The 24th-29th Nov at 11:59 PM.
-Anne Taylor at http://www.annetaylor.com/ has 40 % off entire purchase thru 11/29 with code TURKEY
-Smashbox-Code SBFF9 for 20% whole order at http://www.smashbox.com/ thru Dec. 1
-L'Occitane: Black Friday- Special Priced Set, while supplies last- Dreamy Hands Set – $8 ($24 value) and Holiday Weekend Specials– Up to an additional 30% off select Holiday Gifts!– Stocking Stuffers Buy 2 Get 1 FREE
Cyber Monday-FREE Shipping on ALL Orders Over $25. Plus Holiday Value Gift Sets . Shop L'Occitane
-RalphLauren.com: 25% off entire order with code HOL2009A! Plus, Free Standard Shipping in the continental US. http://www.ralphlauren.com/
-GoSmile-25 %off for next 2 weeks with code Holiday plus free samples and free ship over $ 50 at http://www.gosmile.com/
- Victoria's Secret- online take 15 % off with code VSSAVE15
Thursday, November 26, 2009
1/4 grated Cheddar cheese
4 tbsp dried breadcrumbs
½ tsp paprika
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, lightly beaten
2 tbsp flour
6 tbsp sunflower oil or other oil for frying .
-Mix together the parmesan, cheddar, dried breadcrumbs, paprika, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
-Place the egg in a shallow dish, the flour in another and the cheesy breadcrumb mixture in a third.
-Dip each chicken finger first into the flour, then in the beaten egg
and finally coat the chicken in the breadcrumb mixture.
-Pour the sunflower oil into a frying pan and fry over a medium heat in batches, taking care not to crowd the pan.
-Saute for about 2 minutes each side until golden and then drain on absorbent kitchen paper. Makes 4 portions
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
DivaDebbi finds the Holy Grail of Frizz fighters and her hair never looked better.
The Beauty Alchemist is giving away 3 sets of MISSION Skincare to giveaway
ThinkThruFashion styles a sequin top from the Jimmy Choo for H&M collection.
Krasey Beauty spotlights a gorgeous Makeup Designory eyeshadow palette perfect for gifting this holiday season.
The Product Pasha faces her retrograde ways and plans her very first online purchase.
Butterflydiary uses a Secret Weapon to fight frizz – and wins!
The mini size makes it easy to carry a few with you for touch ups or makeup change ups. Each pencil is about 3 inches long.
Colors are: Zero, Oil Slick, Corrupt, Eldorado,Graffiti, Binge , Ransom, Rockstar and Stash.
Set is $ 36.00 and available at Sephora.com
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
An indulgent collection of luxurious spa at home bodycare to help you relax, de-stress and unwind. The perfect gift for that stressed out and busy women in your life. The Spa Body Collection makes gift giving easy, with the box decorated with a bow you can just buy and gift – no need to wrap.
• Exotic Frangipani Monoi Moisture Melt, 100ml
• Exotic Frangipani Monoi Bath & Shower Cream, 200ml (new)
• Skin Nourishing Milk Bath, 400ml
• Exotic Lime & Ginger Salt Glow, 150g
• Pro-Collagen Hand and Nail Cream, 20ml
Available with a 100.00 or more purchase.
Here's the details:
The" Glenda Party" bag features whimsically printed duchess satin, a bijoux zipper pull, embossed gold logo tassel, and lace and pearl embellishments.
1. dr.brandt® Microdermabrasion Body Exfoliating Cream
2. FULL SIZE Sue Devitt Eye Intensifier Pencil
3. Talika Eye Decompress
4. Nick Chavez® Beverly Hills PLUMP 'N THICK® Thickening Hairspray
5. Jack Black® Industrial Strength Hand Healer
6. Rene Furturer Myrrhea Anti-Frizz Silkening Mask Tube
7. DIANA B. Scented Candle
8. Smashbox Lash DNA Mascara
9. StriVectin® Neck Cream
10. DDF Daily Protective Moisturizer
11. PHYTO Phytolisse Finishing Serum
12. INTELLIGENT NUTRIENTS® LIP DELIVERY NUTRITION
13. Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion
The Erickson Beamon ‘Glenda Party Bag’ is one of many one of the perks available to Beauty.com customers this holiday season. In addition to the usual categories, Beauty.com offers a shop by personality gift finder, a video library with dozens of clips from top brands and industry insiders, skincare and hair care diagnostic tools, and more.
Shop at Beauty.com
Friday, November 20, 2009
Thursday, November 19, 2009
- One new MISSION Active Daily Facial Cleanser- the 90 second wonder cleanser created by Serena Williams for the fastest , on the go cleansing.
All you have to do to enter is the usual- leave a comment. Any comment will do ( nice ones preferred). You can leave your email or wait until winners are announced and check back.
-Winner agrees by entering ,that if they win their name and address will be given to the shipping company.
Winners from US only and over 18.
- The Beauty Alchemist is not responsible for lost or incomplete entries, shipping of your prize, any damage to prize incurred during shipping.
- Winner will be picked randomly.
- I will announce winner on Nov. 28th. Winner has 5 days to come forward before I will need to pick a new winner
-Each person may enter only once.
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
2.5 oz EDT $ 52.50
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
For your viewing pleasure - The Christmas windows from Printemps dept. store in Paris as well as all the initial turning on lighting spectacular. It all looks beautiful as does Natalia Vodianova who co-hosted.
Joyeux Noel a little in advance.
Who knew they had such great tools and fab smelling bath and body products? Clearly not me. I do own the Kabuki brush and posted on it 2 years ago, but thats it.
They hosted a ReInventing Beauty Lounge and so I got to see and try some of the line . I got a sample of their Hand Cream and like many of my fellow bloggers had the same reaction- we were all raving about this heretofore unknown to us product.
I have the Jasmine Ginger scent one. The hand cream is thick but dries really fast, the fastest I've ever tried. It soothes and softens with shea butter and aloe and has a nice slightly floral / citrus scent. Holds up well under hand washing too. Reminds me a bit of lemon iced tea. The Citrus Coconut scent is great too.
I then hit my local CVS to do more recon. I've always thought CVS was a great drugstore. I mean they have carpet. Carpet is good. Nicer. Rite Aid is fine, but it's so industrial .
The Essence of Beauty scented line contains the usual line up of bath/body products along with tools, hand soap etc. I loved this Faux Sea Sponge. Something so simple, yes, but cute.
Now the holiday sets are out and there are some good deals in there. Sets start at $ 4.99.
Monday, November 16, 2009
There are darling Holiday collections as well. Shu collaborated with acclaimed fashion designer Tsumori Chisato, and have created a collection called “Wish Upon a Star”. These are already selling out I hear. Not hard to imagine as they are so cute and actually useful. A small pallette loaded with Shu products is great to have. The couture palettes have eyeshadows, liners, highlighter and blush.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
The Beauty Alchemist loves Kiehl’s Imperial Body Balm
The Product Pasha welcomes the simplicity of Estee Lauder's Ultimate Red Holiday Collection.
DivaDebbi rediscovers a hidden hair treasure.
Butterflydiary eliminates frizz with a single stroke of a hair brush!
Clumps of Mascara thinks women should toss their scales out of windows.
ThinkThruFashion shops for the perfect sophisticated cocktail dress.
Saturday, November 14, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Thursday, November 12, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
The whole kit is $ 18.50 and only online.